A starship of unknown provenance, adrift and powerless, falls into a nearby orbit. An alien disease causes people to slowly lose interest in life—then take root like a plant. An envoy from another dimension brings warning of a pending catastrophe—but what if its solutions are the real threat?
It’s your campaign. Where will you take it?
The Cypher System is the fast, flexible, elegant game engine that powers any campaign you can imagine. The Stars Are Fire adds creatures, rules, character options, loads and loads of gear, and other tools optimised for your science-fiction campaign. Plus a complete, ready-to-use hard sci-fi setting!
- Aliens, robots, starships, creatures, and additional resources for campaigns ranging from gritty and realistic to swashbuckling and star-hopping.
- A huge catalog of sci-fi equipment, all graded according to the tech level and style of your game—from contemporary to fantastic.
- A space combat system for gripping ship-to-ship scenes that engage every player throughout the session.
- A complete sci-fi setting: The Revel. Humanity has colonised the solar system, but a still-mysterious event has caused the Earth to fall dark and quiet.
- A full-length adventure, Salvage Over Saturn, plus two sci-fi Cypher Shorts.
The Stars Are Fire is a setting and supplement for the Cypher System. It requires the Cypher System Rulebook for play.