A fire roars through an apartment building. Rescuers struggle through surging flames to reach stranded families—but meanwhile, sparks drift over the nearby gas station. A train derailment has toppled a truckload of nuclear waste, exposing trapped passengers to the dangerous radiation. But reaching them risks shifting the wreckage—and spilling even more. A grumbling volcano threatens efforts to rescue lost hikers. When the lava begins to flow, whole towns are suddenly at risk! Floods. Pandemics. Earthquakes and other crises that put lives and communities at risk. These are monsters of a different sort—and they call for a different kind of hero. First Responders puts a new spin on adventure gaming, introducing systems for mega-challenges that let you take on disasters of all sorts.
First Responders gives you:
- New rules and guidelines for adventure-sized disaster scenarios. As challenging and exciting as any RPG scenario, these are largely resolved through wit and skill rather than combat.
- Roster-style parties. Run multiple characters with different areas of expertise over the course of your campaign, calling up just the right expert for each disaster.
- New character options, including the Responder type and loads of disaster-related gear.
- Half a dozen scenarios—adventure-length disasters that pit your team against terrible odds. Plus everything you need to create your own.
- Easy portability to Numenera and other Cypher System games. Incorporate natural, man-made, or supernatural mega-challenges into any Cypher System game!
A supplement for the Cypher System. Requires the Cypher System Rulebook for play.